Twitter Hashtags For LGBTQIA+ Writers
There are a lot hashtag events on twitter specifically for writers – we’re going to focus on the ones for the LGBTQIA+ Writer community.
We run hashtag threads for LGBTQIA+ Writers during the week and weekend.
- #promomonday – for promoting you books, blogs, sites,
- #wipwednesday – for sharing an excerpt or just talking about your WIP. We’re working through the alphabet at the moment.
- #followfriday – share your other social media and tell us who we should be following
- #saturdayrecs – rec queer books and written media
- #sundaysubmission – know of a call for writers, run a zine, share it on the thread.
You can use #lgbtqiawriters throughout the week too, whenever you like. i try and retweet everything but it’s not easy, I do retweet posts we’re tagged in – @lgbtqiawriters.
- Write LGBTQ – on a Thursday with a different theme every week to share your work and your
- PromoLGBTQ – on a Saturday, promote your work and use the hashtag.
- BetaLGBTQ – a great addition for a
sunday– find beta readers for your work.
These hashtags can be used at anytime too, to highlight your tweets.
Amara Lynn hosts Qwriters every Saturday and Sunday, with a different theme each week. On Saturday answer there is a writing question and Sunday is for lines that fit
Hosted by Ocean – there is a different theme every week for you to share your lesbian fiction, both WIPs and published work.
#LGBTWIP – hosted by AJ White and happening right now, LGBTWIP is a question a day about your current WIP.
#LGBTQwrimo – hosted by Amara Lynn, this runs every April and November for CampNaNoWriMo and NaNoWriMo.
Do You Run A Twitter Chat?
If we’ve missed your hashtag let us know? We want to know about all the hashtag chats, games and threads for LGBTQIA+ writing.